A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Drivers in America could save approximately 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
The most effective way to save on Kia Borrego insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Scottsdale.
First, try to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages. You just need to learn the tricks to get comparison quotes online.
What Determines Kia Borrego Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
- How much liability do you need? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you own makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Married drivers get better rates – Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower rates come with age – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Borrego, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Borrego definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Scottsdale is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Scottsdale, click here.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I rate my Kia Borrego as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote more and you will save more
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Kia Borrego insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Borrego insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Discount Kia Borrego insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona can be found below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)