Really, the only way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for information to get cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates regularly saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Scottsdale is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Practically every driver who carries car insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Although Arizona drivers do need to know the way companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest companies for Lincoln Continental insurance in Arizona
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Scottsdale auto insurance discounts
Companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the internet.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Scottsdale car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of car insurance companies will give a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying from different companies
Amount of liability protection – Liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Lincoln. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Vocation can influence premiums – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners usually pay the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Scottsdale, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Scottsdale insurance agent, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agents in Scottsdale can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
- Mike Bucca – State Farm Insurance Agent
7336 E Deer Valley Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 585-3665 – View Map
- Steve Fair – State Farm Insurance Agent
33717 N Scottsdale Rd #101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (480) 563-2710 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide rate quotes.
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Services
7950 E Acoma Dr # 205 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 778-9700 – View Map
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
Arizona car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company rank data shown below could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
You can lower your insurance rates
We covered many ways to reduce Lincoln Continental insurance prices online in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Lincoln Continental insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Scottsdale can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)