A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers in Arizona have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
The most effective way to find lower priced Porsche Cayman insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Scottsdale.
- First, try to learn a little about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more details to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Cayman coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Get cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Scottsdale with discounts
Some providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Scottsdale can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Scottsdale car insurance online.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman premium costs with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, newly married, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, good student, and new move discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply in Scottsdale.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Porsche Cayman insurance in Scottsdale is to realize most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as your occupation, how much you drive, if it has an alarm system, and if you require a SR-22. Your rating data is then submitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To compare lower-cost Porsche Cayman insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want to find cheap car insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table displayed next highlights estimates of insurance costs for Porsche Cayman models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$700||$306||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$782||$306||$18||$92||$1,544||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premiums greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Porsche Cayman annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Porsche Cayman car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Cayman replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Scottsdale insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you want a local Scottsdale insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below are Scottsdale exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Brandon Mueller – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85250 – (480) 991-0119 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Colby Neal Agency
9449 N 90th St #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 860-0860 – View Map
- Ric Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
10401 E McDowell Mountain Ranch Rd #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-2121 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Cayman caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Cayman to bring the cost down.
Liability – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Porsche Cayman insurance car insurance rates online in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for the cheapest Porsche Cayman rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)