The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Scion tC insurance in Scottsdale is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price such as careless driving and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Scottsdale is your intention, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The intent of this article is to help you learn how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the proper way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get the best car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Scion tC insurance statistics and information
The coverage table displayed below highlights different insurance prices for Scion tC models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$158||$410||$506||$30||$152||$1,256||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Scottsdale which can impact prices substantially.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Scion tC in Scottsdale, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Scion at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Scion tC but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Reduce insurance rates by driving cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Scion tC is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Driving citations will cost you – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims raise Scion tC insurance rates for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
Insurance losses for a Scion tC – Companies use past insurance losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Scion tC vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion tC Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion tC 133 139 136 148 152 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Scion tC insurance rates in Scottsdale
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Scion tC yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose companies that offer discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a local insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Scottsdale are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Jeremy Mueller Insurance Inc
8700 E Pinnacle Peak Rd # 110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-5223 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Scottsdale exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Dennis Dowling – State Farm Insurance Agent
5310 E Shea Blvd #3 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 996-8811 – View Map
- Roz Bankston – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 E Camelback Rd #820 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 897-6500 – View Map
- Ric Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
10401 E McDowell Mountain Ranch Rd #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-2121 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How are they compensated?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Scottsdale?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More affordable car insurance in Scottsdale can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Scottsdale auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your Scion tC insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)