The easiest way to get discount Chevy Sonic insurance in Scottsdale is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Sonic insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Arizona insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find affordable Chevy Sonic insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to different agent offices. Comparing Chevy Sonic insurance rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price. Not every company provides online Scottsdale Sonic insurance quotes, so you need to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
These discounts can lower Chevy Sonic insurance rates
Some providers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Sonic insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good driver, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers discounts including continuous insurance, early quote, save driver, student away at school, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, pay in full, business and professional, early shopping, and teen driver.
- USAA includes discounts for defensive driver, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly married, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered everywhere.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Scottsdale Sonic insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Arizona car insurance company
Choosing a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Scottsdale. The company rank data in the lists below may help you decide which coverage providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Compare prices but buy from a local Scottsdale insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Scottsdale independent insurance agents that may be able to give price quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can give you comparison quotes.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any good agent in Scottsdale should know the answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Scottsdale?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to provide referrals?