I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the prices are way too high.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. can save up to $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. With drivers having so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick the right auto insurance company.
It’s a great practice to check auto insurance prices every six months since insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Honda Insight insurance in Scottsdale on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There are lots of tips to save on Insight insurance online but I’m going to show you the best ways to find affordable auto insurance in Scottsdale.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Smart buyers just have to understand the quickest way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Scottsdale is to know the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like how old drivers are, if it has an anti-theft system, how your vehicles are used, and level of coverage desired. That rating data is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get cheap car insurance in AZ, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Scottsdale, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Insight, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Honda Insight. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Honda Insight insurance rates and statistics
The premium information displayed next highlights estimates of prices for Honda Insight models. Learning more about how rates are determined is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance deductibles
When buying auto insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The following tables can help show the difference in cost when you select higher and lower policy deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible will cost you about $21 more each month or $252 each year across all Honda Insight models than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have at least 19 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money by going with a higher deductible.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Honda Insight insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Honda Insight insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below compares Honda Insight auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Insight settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheap Scottsdale auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Scottsdale car insurance quote.
- Driver Safety – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Insight insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.