Shopping for the lowest price Scottsdale Porsche Boxster insurance quotes over the internet might appear somewhat difficult for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparison shopping over the internet. With such a large number of agents and insurance companies available, how are vehicle owners expected to have time to compare each option to find the cheapest price possible?
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Scottsdale
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Porsche Boxster insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Scottsdale.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. Arizona insurance shoppers could save about 50% every year, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices periodically because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates on Porsche Boxster insurance in Scottsdale six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Boxster insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to lower your insurance premiums.
To get affordable Scottsdale car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Keep in mind that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current Boxster insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
The chart below compares Porsche Boxster auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for good student, accident-free, driver’s education, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, safe driver, group or association, multiple vehicles, and company car.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family discount, annual mileage, defensive driver, and driver training.
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best discounts in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Porsche Boxster models. Understanding more about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can aid in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$138||$276||$240||$14||$72||$740||$62|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$152||$312||$240||$14||$72||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can change premiums noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Porsche Boxster insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Scottsdale
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Boxster claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buying insurance from Scottsdale auto insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Scottsdale?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Scottsdale?
Different types of Scottsdale car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Scottsdale are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give price quote information.
- Joe Lankau – State Farm Insurance Agent
10458 E Jomax Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 585-5003 – View Map
- Roz Bankston – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 E Camelback Rd #820 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 897-6500 – View Map
- Brad Dunlap – State Farm® Insurance Agent
8436 E Shea Blvd c103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 661-0801 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jeremy Mueller Insurance Inc
8700 E Pinnacle Peak Rd # 110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-5223 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group
Ste 375, 7272 E Indian School Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 839-2252 – View Map
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Porsche Boxster rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
Insurance loss data for Porsche Boxster vehicles – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the loss history for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Boxster Convertible||135||47||121||31|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Scottsdale Boxster insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Boxster has a loan, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Porsche at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Arizona overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Ratings for Scottsdale car insurance companies
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Scottsdale. The company information shown next can help you decide which providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Affordable rates are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance in Scottsdale can be found both online and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find more affordable Porsche Boxster insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)