It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably switch companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved over $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to help prevent high rates and find additional discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Cayenne in Scottsdale, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Porsche, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Porsche at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Porsche as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
The rate table shown next highlights estimates of policy rates for Porsche Cayenne models. Having a better idea how policy premiums are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Cayenne S Transyberia
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3
|Cayenne Turbo S
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
How careless driving impacts insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders influence Porsche Cayenne car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Porsche Cayenne insurance costs by gender and age
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayenne insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayenne auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Cayenne replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Cheap Porsche Cayenne insurance rates in Scottsdale
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Cayenne insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, teen driver, multi-car, homeowner, and early shopping.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers who offer online Porsche Cayenne insurance quotes in Scottsdale, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Scottsdale can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give rate quotes.
- Brock T Quinn – State Farm Insurance Agent
8100 E Indian School Rd #102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 668-3878 – View Map
- Ric Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
10401 E McDowell Mountain Ranch Rd #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-2121 – View Map
- Brenda Wix – State Farm Insurance Agent
6401 E Thomas Rd Suite 102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 994-9200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agents in Scottsdale that can give you comparison quotes.
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
More effort can pay off
When you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Porsche Cayenne insurance in Scottsdale is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Scottsdale, Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)