Shockingly, most auto insurance policyholders in Arizona have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save up to $860 every year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
The best way we recommend to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Scottsdale.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and your credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale is actually quite simple. Shoppers just have to learn how to find the lowest price instantly.
Take advantage of these discounts on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Scottsdale
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Scottsdale auto insurance with certain companies.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap Crosstrek insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Scottsdale. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Compare Scottsdale Subaru Crosstrek insurance rate quotes
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t I need to contact an insurance agency?
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of Scottsdale auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Scottsdale that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quote information.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Scottsdale?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable car insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)