Want to learn how to buy more competitive auto insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale consumers have options when looking for affordable Dodge Ram insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Dodge and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Scottsdale agents.
Getting a cheap price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Just take time comparing free Scottsdale car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Scottsdale insurance discounts for a Dodge Ram
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Scottsdale car insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area.
Dodge Ram coverage analysis
The price information displayed below outlines different policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how policy rates are calculated can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$248||$432||$440||$26||$132||$1,278||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$280||$526||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$312||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,624||$135|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$312||$714||$440||$26||$132||$1,624||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location information which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower prices and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that can provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Scottsdale should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Once you have good feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurer that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Ram?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Gender and insurance coverage – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The example below compares Dodge Ram premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Your job can affect premiums – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, business owners, and financial analysts generally have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as scientists, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Lower car insurance rates by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Arizona provide lower rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Ram, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Scottsdale is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save money, the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
More information is located below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)