Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,600, drivers can cut their rates by nearly 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Scottsdale. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more details to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using this information. Smart shoppers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to buy insurance online from multiple companies.
Companies offering competitive Ford Fiesta price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in AZ, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Scottsdale insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list all discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Telematics Discount – Scottsdale drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies that may include these discounts are:
Check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Scottsdale. If you would like to view providers that offer discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any good agent in Scottsdale should know the answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Roz Bankston – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 E Camelback Rd #820 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 897-6500 – View Map
- Brandon Mueller – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85250 – (480) 991-0119 – View Map
- Joe Lankau – State Farm Insurance Agent
10458 E Jomax Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 585-5003 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get price quote information.
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
- J B Martin Insurance Agency
4835 E Cholla St – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 423-7444 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of ways to find cheap Ford Fiesta insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced car insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)