A recent study showed that most car insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Spectra insurance in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Pricing cheaper protection in Scottsdale is not as difficult as people think. Basically, everyone who buys auto insurance will probably be able to save money. Although Arizona vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering low-cost Kia Spectra rates in Scottsdale, AZ
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Scottsdale insurance discounts for a Kia Spectra
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Scottsdale can help you save on insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies will provide an incentive shop Scottsdale auto insurance on your computer.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Scottsdale car insurance agents?
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Scottsdale.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Scottsdale.
- Joe Lankau – State Farm Insurance Agent
10458 E Jomax Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 585-5003 – View Map
- Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Craig Smith – Farmers Insurance – Scottsdale
9332 E Raintree Dr #140 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 657-7906 – View Map
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
Best auto insurance in Scottsdale
Picking the top insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Scottsdale. The information in the lists below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Spectra caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Spectra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as doctor visits, prosthetic devices and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Spectra.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
People switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Kia Spectra insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)