It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around once a year will probably move their business because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper MKS coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance analysis for a Lincoln MKS
The information shown next outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lincoln MKS models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are formulated is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$440||$288||$18||$86||$1,036||$86|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$440||$288||$18||$86||$1,036||$86|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$498||$288||$18||$86||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Scottsdale location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Lincoln MKS insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise Lincoln MKS annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Incidental coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Liability protection risk factors – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Long commutes cost more – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your MKS can result in significantly higher rates.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some companies provide better rates for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Lincoln MKS historical loss data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD||121||90||140||78||103|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD||135||89||204||89|
|Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD||139||93||153||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer lots of discounts on Lincoln MKS insurance in Scottsdale
Companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, newly married, good student, newly retired, safety features, teen driver discount, and exclusive group savings.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale. To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Arizona, click here.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
The following are Scottsdale auto insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Lincoln MKS insurance in Scottsdale.
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
- J B Martin Insurance Agency
4835 E Cholla St – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 423-7444 – View Map
- State Farm: Randy Mueller
10575 N 114th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85259 – (480) 391-9390 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurer that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company for the entire policy term.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Persistence pays off
Low-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in Scottsdale is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Lincoln MKS insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Scottsdale Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)