The preferred way to find cheaper Acura ILX insurance in Scottsdale is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Arizona.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Arizona renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in America could save themselves $860 a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Scottsdale is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers just have to understand the fastest way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Discount Scottsdale car insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on ILX insurance in Scottsdale.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, defensive driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, early quote, home ownership, student away at school, payment discounts, good student, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, pay in full, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and early shopping.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, annual mileage, military installation, vehicle storage, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, safety features, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Acura ILX rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Arizona drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your ILX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for nursing services, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More comparisons equals affordable rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Acura ILX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More affordable auto insurance in Scottsdale can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)