The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Sad but true, most auto insurance policyholders in Arizona have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American consumers could save about $850 each year, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
How to get free Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes online
Finding a better price on car insurance is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to local Scottsdale insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Fiat 124 Spider insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the professional guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Scottsdale, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 124 Spider has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Scottsdale is wasting up to $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Scottsdale insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new 124 Spider can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, good student, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, bundle discounts, multi-car, early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, good driver, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, and homeowner.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Arizona, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Scottsdale car insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Scottsdale that can give you free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Scottsdale are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Scottsdale that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you will want to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quote information.
Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
Upon getting acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
Affordable rates are available
As you quote Scottsdale car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)