It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who do rate comparisons are very likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Scottsdale is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to shop for car insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost Lexus NX 300h insurance in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- First, gain an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Seven Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Reduce premiums by driving safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Lexus NX 300h scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Where you call home is a factor – Being located in a rural area can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Never go without insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Use one insurance company and save – Lots of insurance companies give better rates to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Liability limits are a factor – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Miles impacts prices – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated NX 300h can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Your vocation is a factor – Careers like fire fighters, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs like actors, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some providers don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Scottsdale car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. To locate providers who offer online Lexus NX 300h insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Lexus NX 300h insurance prices online in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Scottsdale car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Nurses in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)