Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Nissan Titan insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and locate the lowest possible price from Scottsdale insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to compare prices every six months because auto insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Nissan Titan insurance in Scottsdale a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Titan insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your auto insurance rates in Scottsdale.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. The goal of this article is to introduce you to how insurance works and some tips to save money. Smart buyers just have to understand the quickest way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Scottsdale insurance discounts for a Nissan Titan
Some providers do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Scottsdale auto insurance with certain companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- No Claim Discounts – Scottsdale drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Titan insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-car, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, good student, homeowners, air bags, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, passive restraint, early signing, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, and EZ pay plan discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Scottsdale, click this link.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The table shown next highlights different coverage prices for Nissan Titan models. Having insight into how policy premiums are determined can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$130||$226||$308||$18||$92||$774||$65|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$148||$226||$386||$22||$116||$898||$75|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$226||$308||$18||$92||$792||$66|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$148||$226||$308||$18||$92||$792||$66|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$148||$226||$386||$22||$116||$898||$75|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$148||$226||$386||$22||$116||$898||$75|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$148||$266||$386||$22||$116||$938||$78|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$164||$266||$386||$22||$116||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
An analysis of deductible level
One of the most common car insurance questions is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The premium rates below highlight the price difference of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$258||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,157||$96|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$292||$466||$374||$22||$112||$1,291||$108|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$292||$466||$374||$22||$112||$1,291||$108|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$292||$466||$374||$22||$112||$1,291||$108|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$292||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,273||$106|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$292||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,273||$106|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$292||$548||$374||$22||$112||$1,373||$114|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$292||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,273||$106|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$292||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,273||$106|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$324||$548||$374||$22||$112||$1,405||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$188||$314||$300||$18||$90||$910||$76|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$212||$314||$374||$22||$112||$1,034||$86|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$314||$374||$22||$112||$1,034||$86|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$212||$314||$374||$22||$112||$1,034||$86|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$370||$374||$22||$112||$1,090||$91|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$236||$370||$374||$22||$112||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific Scottsdale location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible costs about $22 more each month or $264 for a full year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at least 18 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money if you choose a higher deductible. The table below shows the way we made this calculation.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$106|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $84|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$22|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $22|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||18 months|
One thing to note is that raising deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more of your own money when you have a claim. You must have enough money put aside in the event you have to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
Drive safe and save
The example below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can impact Nissan Titan insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below compares Nissan Titan car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Titan replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Lower rates come with age – Young drivers in Arizona have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Titan may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your vehicle rating reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Titan by repairing your credit.
Nissan Titan insurance loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Nissan Titan Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Scottsdale who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Scottsdale can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Featured below are Scottsdale independent agencies who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Good’s Insurance Agency, Inc. – South West
33725 N Scottsdale Rd #125h – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (877) 208-6690 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Rebecca Navarre Agency Inc.
8096 N 85th Way d101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 905-0102 – View Map
- Matt Funicello – State Farm Insurance Agent
8102 E McDowell Rd #1b – Scottsdale, AZ 85257 – (480) 994-4304 – View Map
- Brad Dunlap – State Farm® Insurance Agent
8436 E Shea Blvd c103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 661-0801 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How often do they review coverages?
Why you need Nissan vehicle insurance in Arizona
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Scottsdale, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Nissan Titan has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Nissan Titan but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Best car insurance in Scottsdale
Choosing a highly-rated insurer is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Scottsdale. The ranking information listed below may help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Nissan Titan insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for affordable Nissan Titan insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to save on Nissan Titan insurance in Scottsdale
The best way to get cheaper Nissan Titan insurance in Scottsdale is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Titan coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)