The recommended way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Scottsdale.
First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Comparison shopping for the best-priced car insurance policy in Scottsdale is not as time-consuming as you think. Drivers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare different rates online.
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Scottsdale could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, good student, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, pay in full, teen driver, distant student, switch companies, and mature driver.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, resident student, farm vehicle, auto/life discount, senior citizen, and good payer.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale. To locate companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click this link.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize car insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details including your occupation, any included safety features, whether or not you need a SR-22, and how much you drive. That information is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Scottsdale.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Scottsdale?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Scottsdale can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Matt Funicello – State Farm Insurance Agent
8102 E McDowell Rd #1b – Scottsdale, AZ 85257 – (480) 994-4304 – View Map
- Brandon Mueller – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85250 – (480) 991-0119 – View Map
- Brock T Quinn – State Farm Insurance Agent
8100 E Indian School Rd #102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 668-3878 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give rate quotes.
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Arizona?
Finding a good quality company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Scottsdale. The company rank data shown next can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
One last thing about your coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Scottsdale car insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced car insurance in Scottsdale is available both online in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much is Scottsdale Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)