It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Scottsdale. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using these methods. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale is much easier if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Arizona
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- How much liability – Liability coverage is the protection when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Your gender affects prices – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both have auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Long commutes cost more – The higher the miles on your Jaguar annually the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your policy states how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your X-Type is just wasting money.
Jaguar X-Type insurance discounts in Scottsdale
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring several vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Scottsdale car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Scottsdale?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Shelley Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 E Gelding Dr d106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 941-2257 – View Map
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Jaguar X-Type insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)