It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your objective, learning the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient.
The easiest way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Low Cost companies for Kia Rio insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Kia Rio insurance coverage information
The information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Kia Rio models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are established helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise price quotes greatly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Kia Rio insurance premiums for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Kia Rio car insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper Scottsdale car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Scottsdale car insurance but check with your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below compares Kia Rio auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To view car insurance companies with the best Kia Rio insurance discounts in Scottsdale in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to use a good Scottsdale insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Scottsdale can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Marc Sollee
6320 E Thomas Rd #303 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 900-8010 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
- John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- Crest Insurance Group
Ste 375, 7272 E Indian School Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 839-2252 – View Map
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group, LLC
7900 E Thompson Peak Pkwy # 10 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-6453 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, high prices, poor customer service or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High School Students in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)