No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With consumers having so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Lexus IS 250 in Scottsdale, it can be hard to locate a lower cost car insurance provider.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in Arizona
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Arizona. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table shown below covers different insurance prices for Lexus IS 250 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$530||$254||$16||$76||$1,138||$95|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$292||$530||$254||$16||$76||$1,168||$97|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$292||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise insurance rates substantially.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 250 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find companies with discount insurance rates in Scottsdale, click this link.
How Your IS 250 Insurance Prices are Determined
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Your vocation and insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military personnel, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
City traffic equals higher costs – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Cut prices and deter theft – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Consolidate and save – Some insurance companies will award better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare Lexus IS 250 rates in Scottsdale to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Rates go up with performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Lexus IS 250 policy rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
Lexus IS 250 claim probability – Companies use claims history to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Lexus Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD||179||103||177||116||146||115|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD||177||87||186||118|
|Lexus IS 250 Convertible||135||80||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus IS 250?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may want advice from an agent
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Scottsdale can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give price quote information.
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give price quotes.
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find lower-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Scottsdale is available online and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
How to find affordable quotes for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Scottsdale
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)