It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Arizona.
Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,580, drivers could cut their rates by 50% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Scottsdale insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Scottsdale auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at their driving habits remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Online – Certain companies provide a small discount shop Scottsdale auto insurance online.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, good student, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and student away at school.
If you need cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. Comparing prices online for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Scottsdale is fairly simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to find a better rate.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Scottsdale that may be willing to give rate quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Scottsdale.
Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
After receiving good responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Scottsdale, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your SLS AMG with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Mercedes-Benz and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your SLS AMG are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your SLS AMG caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your SLS AMG to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for funeral costs, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, medical services, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Best car insurance company in Scottsdale
Buying coverage from a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Arizona. The information shown below could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Cheaper car insurance rates are available
When searching for inexpensive Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)