Want to know how to find more affordable insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Nissan cube insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and locate the best price possible.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Nissan cube insurance in Scottsdale a year ago you can probably find a better price now. You’ll find a ton of advice on cube insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance rates in Scottsdale.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. These techniques will familiarize you with how to get online quotes. Comparison shoppers just need to know the best way to find the lowest price online.
Finding cheap Scottsdale auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to invest a little time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Arizona. To buy cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan cube insurance in Scottsdale
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total cube insurance premium.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Scottsdale car insurance digitally online.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan cube auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, air bags, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer discounts in Scottsdale, click this link.
Insurance analysis for a Nissan cube
The rate table below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Nissan cube models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$210||$296||$308||$18||$92||$924||$77|
|Cube SL 2WD||$210||$360||$308||$18||$92||$988||$82|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$238||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Nissan cube liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan cube auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan cube replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that can provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Scottsdale?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Scottsdale are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Brenda Wix – State Farm Insurance Agent
6401 E Thomas Rd Suite 102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 994-9200 – View Map
- Denise Knobbe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10814 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 905-1019 – View Map
- Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give rate quotes.
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- J B Martin Insurance Agency
4835 E Cholla St – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 423-7444 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Where you call home plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Careless driving leads to higher costs – Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Just one citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Nissan cube annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Teen drivers pay high rates – Inexperience drivers tend to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
Which auto insurance company is best in Arizona?
Picking a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Scottsdale. The rank data in the lists below can help you select which car insurance providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Shop smart and save
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Nissan cube insurance in Scottsdale can be bought online in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable Nissan cube insurance in Scottsdale
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies in Scottsdale.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)