Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
The recommended way to find affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Scottsdale is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Arizona.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Scottsdale. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Companies offering cheap Nissan Pathfinder prices in Scottsdale, AZ
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get the best car insurance in AZ, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Nissan Pathfinder coverage statistics
The data table below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Knowing how policy rates are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Pathfinder S 2WD
|Pathfinder S 4WD
|Pathfinder SE 2WD
|Pathfinder SE 4WD
|Pathfinder LE 2WD
|Pathfinder LE 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can impact price quotes substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders drive up Nissan Pathfinder insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Scottsdale Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers provide a discount to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- A good credit rating can save money – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Pathfinder by improving your rating.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the miles on your Nissan in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Pathfinder can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance coverage reflects the proper vehicle usage.
Do men or women drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan Pathfinder is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
With age comes responsibility – Youthful drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Type of car determines base prices – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Nissan Pathfinder car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Nissan Pathfinder insurance loss statistics – Companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Pathfinder Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Pathfinder can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, good student, and driver training.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for defensive driver, auto/life discount, multi-policy, passive restraint, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in Scottsdale. To view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Arizona, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Scottsdale?
If you need to find a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Scottsdale are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with rate quotes.
Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents for the best price selection.
The following are Scottsdale independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will properly service your insurance policy.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Lower-priced Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Scottsdale car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates online in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Even more information can be found at these sites: