If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Freestar insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare rates annually will presumably move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for Ford Freestar insurance is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
How to get free Ford Freestar insurance quotes online
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arizona. If you want cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Scottsdale car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Scottsdale. For a list of companies with discount rates in Arizona, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Scottsdale auto insurance agents?
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
If you receive positive responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Freestar?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Freestar if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- A policy lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Freestar may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data.
Three reasons to insure your Freestar
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Scottsdale, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Freestar, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Scottsdale car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Scottsdale Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)