It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on Acura RL insurance is your intention, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The most effective way to get discount Acura RL insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to prevent high prices and earn larger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Going without insurance can be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurers provide a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Acura RL rates in Scottsdale to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims can impact Acura RL insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Loss statistics for an Acura RL – Insurers use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Acura RL vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Acura RL Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Acura RL models. Being aware of how policy rates are formulated can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$170||$370||$314||$18||$94||$966||$81|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$170||$370||$314||$18||$94||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Acura RL insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Acura RL full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Acura RL insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RL replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Cheap Acura RL insurance in Scottsdale
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used RL may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall bill.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura RL premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here.
What is the best car insurance company in Arizona?
Choosing a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in Scottsdale. The company information below can help you analyze which coverage providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Acura RL insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)