Searching for the cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale? No one fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who perform rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to quote prices and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
How to buy cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale
The best way to find affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a negative credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover the details to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Find a Scottsdale insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal for Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale.
It is always a good idea to compare rates periodically because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to get good coverage on Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale at a lower rate.
Shopping for the lowest cost insurance in Scottsdale can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find better prices and still get good coverage. Consumers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare prices from many companies at once.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Kia Sorento insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the peace of mind of a local agency. Although, it is possible get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Kia Sorento insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Scottsdale car insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Sorento insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, ease of repair, type of vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate has discounts for good student, eSmart discount, farm vehicle, FullPay discount, premier discount, good payer, and auto/life discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To view providers who offer cheap Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Arizona, click here.
Local Scottsdale insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Kia Sorento?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Sorento?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Lower Your Scottsdale Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Older drivers save more – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Safer cars lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
Higher prices for policy lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Rural areas have lower costs – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Arizona areas have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Liability limits on your policy – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Cautious drivers pay the best premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with license-revoking tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Sorento – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sorento in Scottsdale, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Arizona is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance in Scottsdale
Buying coverage from the best company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Arizona. The company ratings listed below can help you decide which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. The cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When searching for low cost Scottsdale car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale
The preferred way to get more affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Scottsdale is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)