The preferred way to get the cheapest Kia Soul insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Scottsdale. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Scottsdale is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
Buy Scottsdale Kia Soul insurance online
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Soul insurance in Scottsdale?
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Scottsdale car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits possibly include:
If you want low cost Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Scottsdale. If you would like to view providers that offer multiple discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Kia Soul coverage statistics
The data table shown below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Kia Soul models. Knowing how rates are figured is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can affect rates greatly.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Scottsdale
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Scottsdale?
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Soul car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Kia Soul book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive your Kia annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your declarations sheet shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Soul is just wasting money.
How’s your driving record? – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Kia Soul car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Your liability coverage limits – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Claims statistics for a Kia Soul – Companies use data from past claims when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Soul Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but still have a local Scottsdale insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Scottsdale, get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Soul?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Kia Soul insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Kia Soul insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Soul rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)