If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Lexus NX 200t insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Arizona have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save nearly 47% every year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our objective is to help you learn how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. But Arizona vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Affordable companies for Lexus NX 200t insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. To get cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money with these nine price cutting discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on NX 200t insurance in Scottsdale.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data – Scottsdale drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Scottsdale. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Scottsdale, click this link.
Local Scottsdale auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Scottsdale.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to contact several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Scottsdale who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
- Good’s Insurance Agency, Inc. – South West
33725 N Scottsdale Rd #125h – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (877) 208-6690 – View Map
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quotes.
- Denise Knobbe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10814 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 905-1019 – View Map
- Craig Smith – Farmers Insurance – Scottsdale
9332 E Raintree Dr #140 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 657-7906 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Scottsdale?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Insurance policy coverages for a Lexus NX 200t
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your NX 200t resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your NX 200t to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, hospital visits, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Lexus NX 200t insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
People switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
When you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)