A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Arizona could pocket nearly $700 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance in Scottsdale is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Aerio coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Locating affordable car insurance coverage in Scottsdale is quite easy. Just about every person who is looking for a better price on car insurance stands a good chance to be able to cut their insurance bill. But Arizona consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Determine discounts on Scottsdale car insurance
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a slight reduction on a Scottsdale car insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Scottsdale. If you would like to view car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. To get the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates. Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rates.
Insurance rates for married couples – Being married can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Aerio can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy states the correct usage, because it can save money.
Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
No coverage gaps is important – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
Vehicle risk affects rates – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Bundle policies and save – Most major companies afford discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Suzuki Aerio?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Scottsdale auto insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is definitely important in Scottsdale.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
The difference between Scottsdale auto insurance agents
When researching a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Scottsdale are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Good’s Insurance Agency, Inc. – South West
33725 N Scottsdale Rd #125h – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (877) 208-6690 – View Map
- Diemer Insurance Agency Inc
16050 N 76th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 264-2854 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jim Kreisman
9590 E Ironwood Square Dr #230 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 491-8585 – View Map
- Shelley Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 E Gelding Dr d106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 941-2257 – View Map
- Shar Roos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9393 N 90th St Ste 108C – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 478-6968 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- How are claims handled?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Insuring your Suzuki Aerio just makes sense
Even though Scottsdale Aerio insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suzuki Aerio has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned many tips how you can find lower-cost Suzuki Aerio insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available from both online companies and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona is located at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)