The easiest way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Scottsdale. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more details to get lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper xD coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is why you’re here, learning how to quote and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Car insurance policy discounts for Scion xD insurance in Scottsdale
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Scion xD annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Analysis of Scion xD rates
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of prices for Scion xD models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$158||$332||$288||$18||$86||$882||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Scion xD insurance costs by gender and age in Scottsdale
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Scion xD auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below shows the difference between Scion xD car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion xD replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Listed below are agents in Scottsdale that can give you rate quotes for Scion xD insurance in Scottsdale.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the right company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Scottsdale. The company ratings shown next could help you decide which insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
More effort can pay off
As you quote Scottsdale car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Scion xD insurance auto insurance rates in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Scion xD insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)