Do you want to save money by buying more affordable car insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Acura RLX insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a Acura and locate the best price possible.
Unbelievably, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Arizona can save about $733 each year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Scottsdale is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Smart shoppers just have to learn the proper methods to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Best companies for low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Arizona
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Scottsdale car insurance
Some providers do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current RLX insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and distant student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good student, good driver, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-policy, good student, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To find providers with discount car insurance rates in Arizona, follow this link.
Local Scottsdale insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is there a local claims center in Scottsdale?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When researching a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get price quote information.
- Matt Funicello – State Farm Insurance Agent
8102 E McDowell Rd #1b – Scottsdale, AZ 85257 – (480) 994-4304 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeremy Mueller
23341 N Pima Rd D139, Scottsdale 85255 – 23341 N Pima Rd D139, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-5223 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
Ratings for Arizona auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The information in the lists below may help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, medical services, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your RLX resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your RLX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as hospital visits, doctor visits and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Acura RLX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Smart shoppers get results
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Scottsdale auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Acura RLX insurance car insurance rates in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Acura RLX insurance in Scottsdale
The best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
More information can be found at the links below
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)