It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your intention, then knowing the best ways to shop for insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Buick Regal insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional tips to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine your rates.
Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Arizona give the best rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Liability insurance limits are a factor – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Many insurers allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Demanding job may mean higher prices – Occupations such as military generals, executives, and accountants tend to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Women pay lower prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Insurance loss data for a Buick Regal – Companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
More quotes mean more insurance savings
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many ideas to save on Buick Regal insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)