It’s amazing but nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,580, Scottsdale drivers could save 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Scottsdale. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional ideas to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
This information will tell you how to get online quotes and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Arizona vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is give the companies some data such as driver ages, the make and model of your vehicles, how much you drive, and if a SR-22 is required. The rating information gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates quickly.
To compare rates for your Chevy Avalanche now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Scottsdale.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Avalanche models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are formulated can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$202||$324||$352||$20||$106||$1,004||$84|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$202||$382||$352||$20||$106||$1,062||$89|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$202||$382||$352||$20||$106||$1,062||$89|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$202||$382||$352||$20||$106||$1,062||$89|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$224||$382||$352||$20||$106||$1,084||$90|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$224||$382||$352||$20||$106||$1,084||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chevy Avalanche insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Avalanche auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Avalanche book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy Avalanche
Even though Scottsdale Avalanche insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Avalanche, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Avalanche more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
How do Insurers Determine Chevy Avalanche Insurance Premiums?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings. Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
More performance means higher costs – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Avalanche insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Cautious drivers pay less – Even one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Chevy Avalanche car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Avalanche has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Improve your credit score – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Avalanche by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit.
Cheaper Chevy Avalanche insurance quotes in Scottsdale
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount get Scottsdale auto insurance on their website.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Avalanche may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Avalanche premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, annual mileage, military installation, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, claim free, online quote, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, alternative fuel, homeowner, teen driver, good student, mature driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in Scottsdale. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Scottsdale, click here to view.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Scottsdale for you
If you want to buy insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you will want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – J M Chapman Agency Inc
7055 E Thomas Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 945-7122 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheap Chevy Avalanche insurance in Scottsdale can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Scottsdale auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Chevy Avalanche insurance auto insurance rates in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)