Cutting costs on Chevy City Express insurance in Scottsdale can seem to be hard for drivers who are beginners to shopping for insurance online. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, it can quickly become a ton of work to find the lowest price on Chevy City Express insurance.
How to save on Chevy City Express insurance in Scottsdale
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Chevy City Express insurance in Scottsdale is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
It’s important to do rate comparisons at least once a year because auto insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy City Express insurance in Scottsdale two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Our objective is to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process Although Arizona vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
All major auto insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get insurance quotes on the web. Comparing Chevy City Express insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their quoting system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To locate cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance rates in Scottsdale
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the internet.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new City Express may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
The illustration below compares Chevy City Express premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate may include discounts for multi-policy, premier plus, 55 and retired, auto/life discount, and utility vehicle.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, family plan, good student, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and claim-free.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Scottsdale, click this link.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage table displayed below showcases estimates of insurance costs for Chevy City Express models. Being aware of how insurance premiums are established is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$218||$376||$306||$18||$92||$1,010||$84|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$218||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,090||$91|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$250||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,204||$100|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$250||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,204||$100|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$250||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,204||$100|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$250||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,204||$100|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders raise Chevy City Express auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Chevrolet City Express insurance
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Seven Tips to Get More Affordable Scottsdale Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates.
The following are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Certain vocations pay higher prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like doctors, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as professors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Consider raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your City Express may be wasting your money.
- Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet City Express by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent vehicle theft.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they work. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with price quotes.
- Scott Knudten – State Farm Insurance Agent
14702 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 948-8771 – View Map
- Brock T Quinn – State Farm Insurance Agent
8100 E Indian School Rd #102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 668-3878 – View Map
- Matt Funicello – State Farm Insurance Agent
8102 E McDowell Rd #1b – Scottsdale, AZ 85257 – (480) 994-4304 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Scottsdale willing to provide price quotes.
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
Arizona car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Scottsdale. The company rank data shown next could help you select which coverage providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We just presented many tips how you can compare Chevy City Express insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Scottsdale auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to find affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Scottsdale
The preferred way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)