It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price comparisons will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on Hummer H3 insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can save time and money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Hummer H3 insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cutting your Scottsdale auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take the time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Hummer H3 insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hummer H3 in Scottsdale, paying for auto insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hummer with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hummer at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Hummer H3 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Arizona is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Hummer H3 coverage analysis
The table below outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Hummer H3 models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$224||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,100||$92|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$224||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,100||$92|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$250||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Hummer H3 insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Scottsdale drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Scottsdale auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Hummer H3 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, multi-car, early shopping, pay in full, homeowner, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, paperless, student away at school, anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, safe driver, new vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
If you need the cheapest Hummer H3 rate quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Scottsdale.
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.