Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other consumers in Arizona.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re here, understanding the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Scottsdale can initially seem challenging. If you have insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, Arizona consumers need to have an understanding of how companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from different Scottsdale insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper Lexus RC F rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online eliminates this option unless you prefer the personal advice that only an agent can give. Drivers can price shop online but buy the policy through an agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheap rates with discounts
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new RC F can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, defensive driver, 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Lexus RC F insurance quotes in Scottsdale, click here.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Scottsdale
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Bad drivers pay high rates – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving or DUI are required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More traffic means higher claims – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. City drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Scottsdale should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long has their agency been open in Scottsdale?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Scottsdale?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to use a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quotes.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lexus RC F?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Shop smart and save
More affordable car insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Scottsdale auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to save on Lexus RC F insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus RC F insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
How to find affordable quotes for Lexus RC F insurance in Scottsdale
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Scottsdale. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read at these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)