If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale.
Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help make the process easier.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your WRX is throwing money out the window.
What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Subaru has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Vocation impacts rates – Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and performers get better rates.
Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare Subaru WRX rates in Scottsdale to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru WRX – Car insurance companies use claims history to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding cheap Subaru WRX auto insurance prices is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to invest a little time comparing price quotes from online providers.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you require the professional advice of a local agency. Drivers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in AZ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru WRX insurance, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Scottsdale may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current WRX insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your insurance premiums.
To find insurance companies with discount rates in Arizona, click here.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What are good deductibles for a Subaru WRX?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is available at these links:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)