Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Scottsdale can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they just switched companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides tips to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Grand Vitara coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Pricing affordable car insurance coverage in Scottsdale can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to use how to compare insurance rates online.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want the cheapest car insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save with these nine discounts on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Scottsdale
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Grand Vitara can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current Grand Vitara insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Scottsdale car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these benefits include:
If you want cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Scottsdale. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Suzuki Grand Vitara detailed coverage information
The rate information displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Suzuki Grand Vitara models. Understanding how rate quotes are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$202||$324||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$202||$382||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$224||$382||$282||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$224||$382||$282||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can alter rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Suzuki Grand Vitara yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reckless driving habits raise Scottsdale auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Suzuki Grand Vitara car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Suzuki Grand Vitara settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Scottsdale.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good Scottsdale insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Scottsdale can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Scottsdale that can give you comparison quotes.
- Greene Insurance Group
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Good’s Insurance Agency, Inc. – South West
33725 N Scottsdale Rd #125h – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (877) 208-6690 – View Map
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Denise Knobbe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10814 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 905-1019 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Schubert Insurance and Financial Svcs
20731 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-6259 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Upon getting satisfactory answers as well as the cheapest Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Scottsdale quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for the entire policy term.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance company ratings
Picking a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Arizona. The company information in the lists below may help you pick which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Since many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, damage from flooding, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for dental work, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Grand Vitara to save money on collision insurance.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Discount Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Scottsdale can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, so you need to quote Scottsdale car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have price quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance prices in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More information can be found below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)