If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Scottsdale. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more information to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved about $865 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Scottsdale is your target objective, then understanding the best ways to find and compare car insurance can save time and money.
Cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Arizona, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The information below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Toyota Matrix models. Having a better idea how insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|Matrix S AWD||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates substantially.
Age-based insurance rates by gender in Scottsdale
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Matrix insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Matrix liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below compares Toyota Matrix insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Matrix replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Toyota Matrix Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
The type of car you drive affects your prices – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Toyota Matrix car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Optional features that cut car insurance rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Always have car insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Employer reflects on rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like doctors, executives, and medical professionals generally have higher average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
File car insurance claims and pay more – Companies in Arizona generally give lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Single drivers may pay higher prices – Getting married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even a single citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. People who have dangerous citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Toyota Matrix insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don’t overlook these Toyota Matrix insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Toyota Matrix insurance in Scottsdale.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Matrix insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, alternative fuel, and distant student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, teen driver, paid in full, group or association, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may offer discounts for loyalty savings, annual mileage, defensive driver, new vehicle, and military installation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that can provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Scottsdale should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes for Toyota Matrix insurance in Scottsdale.
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
- Jeremy Mueller Insurance Inc
8700 E Pinnacle Peak Rd # 110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-5223 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Services
7950 E Acoma Dr # 205 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 778-9700 – View Map
- Bennett and Porter Insurance | Wealth Management
3200 N Hayden Rd #310 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 212-1150 – View Map
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Scottsdale?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find affordable Toyota Matrix insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)