It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who do rate comparisons are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re here, learning the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
The best way to save money on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Scottsdale.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on e-Golf insurance in Scottsdale. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare Volkswagen e-Golf insurance prices is to get quotes online.
Just remember that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. To locate cheap car insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Scottsdale insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
After completing this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of Scottsdale auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Colby Neal Agency
9449 N 90th St #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 860-0860 – View Map
- Ric Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
10401 E McDowell Mountain Ranch Rd #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-2121 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long has their agency been open in Scottsdale?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage.