How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Volvo XC90 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Volvo and obtain the cheapest rates from Scottsdale insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to compare premium rates on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best deal on Volvo XC90 insurance in Scottsdale at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. There are a lot of ways to save on XC90 insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap insurance in Scottsdale.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Our objective is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. Consumers just have to know the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates over the internet.
Seven factors that affect insurance costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Arizona give the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your XC90 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Big city or small town – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Guys pay more for car insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males get in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC90 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Volvo XC90 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
Getting a cheap price on insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The table displayed below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Volvo XC90 models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are calculated can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$148||$266||$308||$18||$92||$832||$69|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$164||$306||$308||$18||$92||$888||$74|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$164||$306||$308||$18||$92||$888||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence rates considerably.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can change Volvo XC90 insurance premiums for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Volvo XC90 auto insurance rates for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance for your XC90
Even though Scottsdale XC90 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your XC90 definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Scottsdale is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Take policy discounts and save on Volvo XC90 insurance in Scottsdale
Some providers don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new XC90 can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC90 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, driver training, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, military installation, safe driver, annual mileage, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, multi-car, claim free, multi-policy, safety device, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, teen driver, business and professional, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before buying, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. To see insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Scottsdale, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Scottsdale insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower prices and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Scottsdale.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are independent agencies in Scottsdale that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- J B Martin Insurance Agency
4835 E Cholla St – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 423-7444 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Steve Fair – State Farm Insurance Agent
33717 N Scottsdale Rd #101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (480) 563-2710 – View Map
- Brad Dunlap – State Farm® Insurance Agent
8436 E Shea Blvd c103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 661-0801 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Which car insurance company is best in Scottsdale?
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurer is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Scottsdale. The rank data listed below could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
One last thing to lower rates
More affordable auto insurance in Scottsdale is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
When searching for the cheapest Volvo XC90 rate quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
How to save on Volvo XC90 insurance in Scottsdale
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)