The preferred way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for the details to help prevent expensive coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved over $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Subaru Outback insurance in Scottsdale is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about the best way to compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
Take policy discounts and save on Subaru Outback insurance in Scottsdale
Some providers do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Scottsdale car insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Scottsdale car insurance on the web.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Subaru Outback insurance quotes comparison
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The rate information below showcases estimates of policy rates for Subaru Outback models. Understanding how policy premiums are established is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$224||$382||$314||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$224||$382||$314||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$224||$382||$314||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$250||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Scottsdale which can influence prices significantly.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Scottsdale
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Subaru Outback insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Subaru Outback full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Outback book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Scottsdale.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Scottsdale that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Scottsdale.
- American Family Insurance – J M Chapman Agency Inc
7055 E Thomas Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 945-7122 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Marc Sollee
6320 E Thomas Rd #303 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 900-8010 – View Map
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Scottsdale?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurer that can provide car insurance coverage.
Scottsdale auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Scottsdale. The company rank data shown below could help you pick which providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Subaru Outback insurance premium rates in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Scottsdale car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for affordable Subaru Outback insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)