Did a good deal turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are many people just like you.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Scottsdale drivers could cut their rates by up to 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
How to find cheaper quotes for Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want a better rate, follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Scottsdale can be made easier if you know where to look. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Tesla. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Never let your car insurance policy expire – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Teen driver insurance costs – Inexperience drivers are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Only buy coverage you need – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get multiple violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Marriage is a factor – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are usually found on small economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles – Insurers factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts for Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Model S insurance in Scottsdale.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Arizona, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding a good Scottsdale insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide rate quotes.
Arizona car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Scottsdale. The company ratings listed below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Tesla Model S covered if I use it for business?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What policy terms are available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Budget-friendly car insurance in Scottsdale can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
How to find cheaper rates for Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale
The preferred way to save on Tesla Model S insurance in Scottsdale is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)