If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,578, Arizona drivers could cut their rates by approximately 50% a year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Scottsdale is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Although Arizona car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to compete online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Excellent credit means lower prices – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Avalon Hybrid by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Avalon Hybrid may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Avalon Hybrid policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Avalon Hybrid – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Avalon Hybrid vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Avalon Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Avalon Hybrid 120 72 132 107 85 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices will enable you to find lower pricing. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you need to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Avalon Hybrid in Scottsdale, buying car insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Toyota Avalon Hybrid, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Toyota but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance discounts in Scottsdale
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to study driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Scottsdale auto insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Avalon Hybrid is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, military active duty, good student, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, new car, save driver, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, teen driver discount, safety features, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Scottsdale.
What if I want to buy from local Scottsdale auto insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you would like to find a good Scottsdale insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Scottsdale are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Shar Roos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9393 N 90th St Ste 108C – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 478-6968 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale willing to provide price quote information.
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Powers-Leavitt Insurance Agency
14301 N 87th St Suite 308 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 348-1100 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)