If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Arizona.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for the details to get affordable coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Scottsdale drivers could save up to $700 each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Buying the cheapest insurance in Scottsdale is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Although Arizona car owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
First Step: Get free Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices online. Getting quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Scottsdale is quite easy as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable premium.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies offer quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in Scottsdale, click this link.
The Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Insurance Price Equation
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Traffic violations will cost you – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers with severe tickets like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your address can impact premiums – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- File auto insurance claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Arizona generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Gender and insurance prices – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is especially important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Scottsdale for you
If you need to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Scottsdale can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Shown below are Scottsdale independent agents that may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
When buying coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is totaled?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Smart shoppers get results
Affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Scottsdale can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More information can be read at these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Scottsdale Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)