The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Arizona could pocket about 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
When shopping for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Scottsdale there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from local Scottsdale insurance companies. The simplest method to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you want the professional assistance only provided by licensed Scottsdale agents. Although you can find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Scottsdale with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Scottsdale.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Scottsdale who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Scottsdale auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Scottsdale are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quotes.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
Dennis Dowling – State Farm Insurance Agent
5310 E Shea Blvd #3 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 996-8811 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Schubert Insurance and Financial Svcs
20731 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-6259 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Scottsdale?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How many companies do they write for?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as the cheapest Volkswagen R32 insurance in Scottsdale quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The following are some of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most major insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Extra coverages push up prices – There are many additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates tend to be for lower cost passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Expect high rates for teens – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen R32 by improving your rating.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen R32 in Scottsdale, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your R32 definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Best car insurance company in Arizona
Picking the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company rank data in the lists below can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When searching for the cheapest Volkswagen R32 rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)