Are you a victim of overpriced Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale? It’s quite common and there are lots of Scottsdale residents who feel the same.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can save time and money.
How to save money on Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale is to compare quotes once a year from providers who sell insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on V50 insurance in Scottsdale. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with advertising and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is really not that difficult. You just need to understand the proper way to compare rates from many different companies.
All major insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale is fairly straightforward as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system collects your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information. Being able to quote online for Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to get cheaper insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Arizona. If you want cheap auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some companies don’t list every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to bad drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo V50 insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and multiple autos.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate has savings for farm vehicle, eSmart discount, multi-policy, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, and FullPay discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, defensive driving, good student, and family plan.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table displayed next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Volvo V50 models. Learning more about how prices are figured can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$138||$326||$314||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Scottsdale which can modify prices noticeably.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volvo V50 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Volvo V50 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below compares Volvo V50 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo V50 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in a small town may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Always have car insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volvo V50 insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performances.
Can’t I compare prices from local Scottsdale auto insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Scottsdale?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
Arizona auto insurance company ratings
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Scottsdale. The information in the lists below could help you select which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Persistence will pay off
Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheap Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
When getting Scottsdale car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding lower priced Volvo V50 insurance in Scottsdale
The recommended way to find discount auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to annually compare prices from insurers in Arizona.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)